Staff Diversity Awards 2012
Diversity Staff Prize 2012
Deadline for nominations is: - 23rd April 2012
Do you have a member of Staff who is active in one of our staff networks? Are you the member of a network and want to nominate a colleague? Are you active in promoting the diversity agenda within the University or in the local community?
What is Staff Prize for?
The prize is a means of celebrating and rewarding outstanding achievement in the area of equality and diversity. The prize is designed to complement other forms of recognition, such as ex-gratia payments, which have their own criteria.
The University is committed to Equality and Diversity and needs the help of all staff to deliver on this commitment. Making sure that staff and students from all backgrounds have the best experience possible is essential in meeting the University’s aim of being ‘an inclusive community’. The involvement of the staff networks and individual staff is essential for the delivery of our diversity agenda. The award of the prize will acknowledge and celebrate contributions from staff which help to ensure that the University is an inclusive environment for all who work and study here, or visit us.
To be eligible for a prize, those submitted must meet the following criteria:-
- Activities must date back no earlier than 1 January 2011
- Provide evidence of the development of innovative projects and initiatives that have promoted equality and diversity.
Who can win a prize?
· Any member of University staff is eligible to be nominated for a prize.
· Nominations are invited from all Colleges/Professional and Administrative Services.
· Staff in all types of job can be nominated.
Can I nominate someone I know? How do I do it?
· Any member(s) of staff or student(s) of the University can nominate someone for a prize.
· To nominate an individual, please complete the Nomination Form.
· Please let the people that you are nominating know, as they will need to sign the form to indicate they agree to being nominated.
What is the process and time-line?
Beginning w/c 12th March 2012
Active identification and submission of nominations.
Facilitated by senior staff in Colleges/Professional and Administrative Services and all other areas of the University
23rd April 2012
Deadline for nominations
Assessment Panel to decide winner
Winner Announced and prize presented at Vice Chancellors thank you event
Who assesses the nominations?
The following Staff Prize Panel will assess all nominations and decide the winners:
· Representative from Students Union
· Representative From Vice Chancellors Office
· Representative from Equality and Diversity Advisory Group
The Staff Prize Ceremony
Prizes will be awarded by the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Martin Hall at his annual ‘Thank You’ event