Vice Chancellor’s Engagement & Consultation Forum on Equality and Diversity
The creation of the Vice Chancellor's Engagement & Consultation Forum (ECF) is a vital element of the University's new approach to the promotion of equality and diversity.
It shouldn't be thought of as just a replacement for the Equality & Diversity Committee (which held its final meeting in May 2008) because, when we set up the ECF, we wanted to make a very clear distinction between management's role in delivering the University's equality objectives and the monitoring and stakeholder engagement role, which is the central purpose of the Forum. By making that separation, our intention is to give a stronger voice to those who are affected by policy-makers' decisions and to provide more opportunity for staff, service-users ad the wider community to propose solutions.
- For more details on the remit of the ECF, click here for the Terms of Reference document.
- Our current membership includes: the Students' Union (USSU), the staff equality networks, and the trades unions' Equality Representatives. Click here for more details.
- All meetings of the ECF are open to all staff and services users.
Papers presented at each meeting
Please click on the date link to see the approriate papers for each meeting
3 April 2012, details to follow
10 January 2012, 9.00am to 11.00 - Faraday House
- July, Thursday 7th, 9:00am to 11:00am - Peel Building
- April: Tuesday 19th, 11am to 1 pm - TOFS Council Chamber
- January: Tuesday 11th, 11am to 1 pm - Mary Seacole MS 3.02
- October: Wednesday 13th, 11am to 1 pm - Mary Seacole MS 3.02
- June: Wednesday 16th, 4 to 5 pm - Rayleigh Room, Faraday House.
- March: Wednesday, 10th, 11 to 12 pm - Mary Seacole Room 3.02